Saturday, November 20, 2010

Giraffe in Orange with Green

This was kind of  boring to stitch, but still it stitched up fairly quickly. I am now well into Mr. Lion. I realized just as I started him that this is not a four animal picture, but five. There's the purple panda, the brown monkey, the orange giraffe, the tan lion and behind the lion, is a zebra. All you can see of him is his stripes. Kind of a cool way to work in another animal.
I have finished all the stitching of the twigs, and several of the things I refer to as colored bubbles. There are still some of them left, and the saying Wild Thing along with the personalization. I did put in his name, but it just wasn't centered, even though it was according to the count I had done. Unless my count was off, which is possible. I've already frogged it and will recount it before I put it in.
Then there is the dreaded backstitching. Lot's of backstitching. But it moves quickly once I'm working just on that. And I like to wait to do that until the rest is finished so that I don't have to undo and redo any.
Is the end in sight? Maybe, but only if the road is straight and there are no roadblocks in my path. Because Thanksgiving is next week, there will be less time for stitching. But, I think I will make my deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment