Friday, August 29, 2014

Monkeys on the Bed finds a home

I am so glad I didn't listen to the initial leanings of my heart. It goes to show, no effort or sad time is wasted. When I first finished this (except for personalization) there was suddenly no home for it. So, I saved it. I honestly couldn't conceive of ever being able to give it with no sadness associated.

However, a couple of years have passed and one day as I was perusing the gift registry for a dear friends daughter who was expecting, I saw that she was using the theme of monkeys in her nursery. I had not planned to cross stitch anything for her, but this was too coincidental not to listen. So, the monkeys are out of the waiting to be finished pile. She had the baby on Sunday, August 24, 2014. I have the personalization done, and the framing done. I hope she'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment