Thursday, November 1, 2012

WooHoo!

 
I actually started back stitching a couple of weeks ago. Just a little with pretty mixed results. At first, I was scared that I would never be able to stitch pain free again. But, when I did it consistantly, just a little bit every day, it did begin to hurt less and less. Now I can stitch pain free. The doctor said to limit my stitching to one hour at a time. I actually did less than an hour a day at first. Now, I can stitch pain free for a long time and I have to stop myself from overdoing it. I'm thinking of long range ability to do what I love to do. I don't think God gave me this love just to take it away. If I can stitch with vision in one eye, who'd have thought that my wrist would put the brakes on me. I have such a stash of projects that I want to get to. But me being me, I tried to coax God into giving me my stitching back by making deals. I know that isn't how it works, but I am not going to be greedy. If I get to finish the stockings for my family in my lifetime, I'll consider that prayer completely answered. Anything else will be gravy. I love to stitch and I can hardly stand to sit without doing something. Hey, I've been known to crochet, play a game on the computer watch tv and talk on the phone all at the same time. I'm nothing if not a multi-tasker. So, just sitting and doing one thing is like messing up my mind man. Can't hardly stand it. Do you think I have ADD? Actually, that's not right because I can do lots of things at the same time for a long time, I just have trouble sticking to "one" thing.
So, here is Stocking Number 2. For #1 son. The project takes six pages in the book. I've done four and the sixth one is very small. So, I have one real page to complete. Plus the backstitching. It's called To All A Good Night.
     
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment