Sunday, May 29, 2011

Back Stitching Yuck!!!

I hate back stitching. It is so tedious. But as much as I hate it, I have to admit, that usually it makes a tremendous difference in the appearance of the piece. I am basically through with the stitching of Madi's Christmas stocking. I have a few places where I have missed a stitch as well as the metallic stitching. I started stitching with the gold braid at the top, but noticed that with all the handling it was getting, that stitching was coming out and/or becoming frayed. So, I decided to do that last. So, I'm backstitching, filling in and doing the braid now. Once that's done, I have to figure out how to make it into a stocking. I've never done that before, but I don't think it will be a problem. I don't intend to use the red fabric that came with the kit. It seems flimsy and cheap looking. I plan to put some sort of backing on the stitching to make sure the stitches don't get pulled out. Probably an iron on interfacing. Then, I'll probably use red felt for the back of the stocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment